Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mashonda's Bounced Back



Mashonda's Bounced Back
Mashonda is enjoying her resurgence on the hit show "Love & Hip Hop." The former Mrs. Swizz Beatz had become a poster child for scorned women following her ex's stepping out with, and subsequent marriage to, Alicia Keys; but now Mashonda feels that she's a role model for women looking to rebuild their lives following a painful breakup.
"At the time that we shot [the show,] I was in a great place, so that’s what made the difference," Mashonda tells KING. "I felt like that was my therapy, and that’s all I wanted to do. Anytime I’d log in to Facebook or Twitter, there would be tons of women reaching out to me, thanking me for sharing my story. Those messages gave me a lot of strength, a lot of courage. From that point on, I just wanted to help women."
When asked her ever-growing fanbase of male 'groupies,' the sexy singer sets the record straight.
"I show everybody love," she says. "But I don’t like the word “groupie”-—it’s so harsh. I don’t feel there’s anything wrong with one person admiring another person."

No comments:

Post a Comment