Monday, March 21, 2011

DJ Premier vs. Canibus



DJ Premier vs. Canibus
Legendary producer DJ Premier and respected emcee Canibus have been embroiled in a war of words ever since Primo admitted in an interview with DJ Vlad that Canibus was one of his most difficult collaborators to work with. Premier did some production work on Canibus' infamously disappointing 1998 debut album Can-I-Bus.
Canibus responded to Premier's statements with the antagonistic "Tell the Truth/Monster."
"After [Canibus] watched [the DJ Vlad interview], obviously he responded, which I didn't even expect him to do," Premier said on the Headquarterz radio show. "Because he's angry, saying, why am I even bringing up something that's fourteen years old, and bringing it up now?"
"He said, and I quote, 'Why shovel sh*t on me?' which I didn't do," Primo continued. "'Who you working for?' I work for myself, I'm self-employed at Year Round Records. He said, 'What agenda do you have, and how [are you] helping Hip Hop by doing that?' I'm helping Hip Hop by doing this show right here, 'Live From Headquarterz.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment