Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Big Boi On His Solo Career



Big Boi On His Solo Career:
Fans may have a lot longer to wait for new Outkast material, but the more prolific half of the legendary duo is hard at work on new projects. Despite recently promising both an Outkast and an Andre 3000 solo album in the same year, Big Boi dodged staking any claims in regards to if or when he and his longtime partner would be reuniting. He did, however, outlay plans for his immediate future.
“That’s top-secret information," Big Boi told the Wall Street Journal regarding Outkast's status. "So right now I’m just working on this Daddy Fat Sax album, I’m working on my new group, Vonnegut, and as well I just shot the video for my new single, “Be Still” with Janelle Monae. For the most part, it’s been about, hmm, nine years solo.”
“Before either one of them did it, I was doing it with this record,” Big Boi explained. “I put out ‘Shine Blockas’ the day after Christmas, and then came ‘For Your Sorrows’ maybe a week after that. They just put a name on it. But that was my method to releasing Sir Lucious Leftfoot—I didn’t have a record company releasing it, so I was just putting songs out like every week or two.”

No comments:

Post a Comment