Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wiz Khalifa On Big Daddy Kane



Wiz Khalifa On Big Daddy Kane:
Wiz Khalifa recently revealed his admiration for hip hop icon Big Daddy Kane. The legendary Brooklyn emcee proved to be a big influence on the young Wiz growing up, even though Khalifa admits that he's too young to have experienced Kane's heyday firsthand. His father's love of Kane led to Wiz becoming familiar with the former Juice Crew rapper's body of work.
"I'm a huge [Big Daddy] Kane fan," he explained. "My dad listened to a lot of that stuff [when I was] growing up. I was born in '87, so I was like four or five in the early '90s, but it came from the '80s to the early '90s, so he was listening to all of that through that time. Just for me, that's what I thought was cool because it was my dad, I thought he was the sh*t. And then as I got older, I listened to Kane's flow, what he was saying and how he was spitting and sh*t, he was totally different from anybody back then; his patterns, his wordplay and just his swag, like how he was smooth and how he brought that smoothness to the rap game when everybody was tough and hard. When rapping was about beating n***as up, he was like, 'Yo, I'm a cool nigga'...I love his swag."

No comments:

Post a Comment