Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Uptown Magazine Marc Lamont Hill

Mr Porter











At just 32 years old, Marc Lamont Hill, Ph.D., is a professor at Columbia University, author, social activist, and host of the nationally syndicated cable show Our World with Black Enterpriseon TV One, which airs in more than 145 markets. The Temple- and UPenn-educated hip-hop intellectual from Philly travels the country making talk show appearances and taking part in lectures and seminars. UPTOWN has the full rundown on Hill's interviewing techniques, how he stays connected on the road, and his favorite place to go on a first date.

But first, he gives US the scoop on a few off-the-cuff favorites:


Cocktail of choice: "If I want to relax and chill, I drink something simple like rum and Coke. If I'm hanging with my friends from North Philly, I go for a shot of Hennessy."
For clothes: "Boyds is one of the best places to buy a suit in Philadelphia, and I love the Ralph Lauren store. If I want casual, like denim, I go to Barneys New York Co-Op or shop online at madetoorderphilly."

Favorite restaurants: "I'm a fried chicken connoisseur and get my fix at Relish restaurant. It also has lobster scampi and great mussels that I think about a lot! For brunch, I like Jones, and for everyday breakfast, I go to Winnie's LeBus in Manayunk."
Go-to coffee spot: "Well, I'm a fresh fruit and veggies type of guy, so I go to Reading Terminal Market, where I can get fresh-squeezed drinks."

No comments:

Post a Comment