Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kanye's Emotional Performance





Kanye's Emotional Performance
Kanye West performed at the Museum of Modern Art's annual charity event Party in the Garden last night (May 10) and the event raised $4 million in funding for the museum. Kanye gave an hour-long performance, including hits like "Gold Digger" and "Monster" and a surprising cover of Stevie Wonder's somber "They Won't Go When I Go."
Performing an extended version of his single "Runaway." West thanked his fans and acknowledged his past mistakes.
"Thank you for coming out," said West. "Thank you for loving me when they told you not to love me. Every bone in my body, I give it all to you…I’m sorry for y'all up there who ever had to argue for me. I’m sorry I put you through that - I just can't sit down and listen to this bullsh*t over and over. They say I’m racist, but how can I be racist, I f**k with so many different faces?"
"They say I’m such a bad person until they meet me in person," West continued. "They try to make me run away, but tonight, New York City, they can hear us five blocks away. Do you know what it feels like to be hated, when the nicest thing someone can say is that I don't believe what people say about you? One day the real will rise to the top. One day, one day all will be perfect. I’m sorry for when I f**ked up. I’m sorry for my ego. Nobody is perfect. You gotta realize I lost my mind. You make me feel so good. And I know she's looking down right now."
The highlight of the evening was Kanye bringing out surprise guest Jay-Z, with the two performing "Empire State of Mind" and other hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment